Thursday, May 3, 2007

Fat Lady Update



Ya okay, so I look less than impressed in this picture. But it's an updated belly photo, taken on Tuesday, as I have had lots of people ask to see an updated "bump".

I had my 7 month (30 week!) baby Dr appointment today. The doctor was very, very nice and we were early for the appointment but still only waited about 10 minutes. In Markham I often had to wait an hour or two PAST my scheduled appointment time! Because I am now usually uncomfortable sitting and am suffering from restless legs it was a pleasant surprise!!

The doctor assures me from what she can tell all is well with the baby and me. She asked lots of questions and checked us both out. We heard his heartbeat strong and fast. She says I am very small, but that that is typical for a North American woman, as we eat less rice and deep fried foods (like empanadas) and are less "gordita" (FAT) to begin with. Let it be known that Peter deserves credit for my lack of deep fried empanada consumption or I would eat them every day. He considers them junk food and won't let me stop at the empanada stands that are EVERYWHERE, no matter how much I nag! Anyone who has been out with my in Toronto knows my addiction to the empanadas they have at the midnight buffet at Plaza Flamingo, and the amount of them I have consumed in my day... mmmm..

Anywho, the appointment was fine. Just to ensure my file is up to date I am having ALL the tests done again on Saturday, and am having another ultrasound on Saturday as well. Peter will get to see the little guy in person, which is very exciting for us both!!!

Happy Friday tomorrow!

3 comments:

Karen said...

Oh man I really have to stop looking at pregnant people it makes me think I might want another one! I really liked being pregnant and do kind of miss it now and then...I know sounds strange but it is true!

Cheryl said...

No, I will miss the kicks and punches and private moments I have had with the "first kick" etc., this is the only time I'll get to have truly private moments with him, even if he has no idea, so I can relate :O)

Patti said...

WOW!!! You sure popped out! You look great!