Wednesday, July 25, 2007

First Checkup.. time flies..by Lukas




Today I had my first checkup at Javeriana Hospital. Here in Colombia I will visit the hospital for my first few checkups. We like the medical staff there because they are all young and while shy to speak they do know English. This makes Mom happy.


The nice pediatrician lady and FOUR young medical students checked me all over! What a lucky boy to have such great attention. I didn't like any of this at all because it meant I had to strip down and boy was it cold in there! After much screaming and many tears for Mom and Dad's benefit they pronounced me "perfect". I knew that all along of course!! The doctor didn't seem to believe Mom when she said I was only getting Mom's milk because I already weigh a whopping 9 lbs and 2 oz!!! I guess I'm gonna be a big Canadian kid, probably tall and strong like my Uncle Ian!




Here I am..25 days old. My eyes are still blue, Mom's fingers are crossed they are going to remain blue! Mom thought I looked cute with a Mohawk hairdo but I'm not convinced..what do you think?????






1 comment:

Peg Leg said...

OMG could that kid look anymore like Peter. It's a bright sunshiney morning in Canada. Glad to read that all is well in Columbia