Tuesday, August 21, 2007

SO Long, So sorry!

It's been awhile I know. Time just slips away from me. I have good intentions often of posting something, but somehow there's always one more dirty diaper to change or one more load of laundry to wash! Plus when it comes to staring at the computer or staring at my son he wins hands down.

Lukas is growing like a weed! He's almost 11 lbs now, and outgrowing clothes every week. He seems to have changed every morning when the sun comes up and we say "good morning!!" to one another. He has started to coo and babble to his best friends, the bee mirror that hangs in his chair, and the little fish that hangs over his crib. Just this week he has started to smile a lot and sometimes I hear the stirrings of an almost giggle. He has more awake time now (hence less chore time for me too!) and is super curious about EVERYTHING from noises to patterns to the sky to trees. He is a little bit of a momma's boy already, we have noticed. Someone else is okay briefly, but then it's grumpy face time. If that has no effect he turns on the tears and that works on ME every time. He has finally come around to his bath and likes the warm water and the head massage I give him when I wash his little hair.

Here's a recent photo of my little fatty. This is his "WHAT THE HECK IS THAT?" face.


On the weekend we went to the finca (cottage) with Peters parents and his brother Lucho and his family. The men spent most of their time drinking together as they haven't hung out altogether in 7 years. By drinking I mean they turned it into something of a sport. Many beers were consumed, much yelling and joking took place, music was played extremely loud well into the night/dawn hours and much camraderie seemed to ensue. Who knows..I can't understand slurred spanish at top speed and top volume! I won't go into how well that went over with the wives but will say Saturday night NO ONE got any sleep. Except maybe Lukas. I will also say the drinking continued all day Sunday and well into Sunday evening. I do believe they only stopped because the threats of marital partners were starting to get a little heated.



Here's some photos of the Finca, it's on the outskirts of a city called Fusa. It's like a mini mini farm. Efrain has chickens, dogs, vegetable gardens and fruit trees of all kinds. There's not much to do there really, it literally is in the middle of nowhere, down one of the worst dirt roads I've ever seen. It's totally worth it though, absolutely beautiful. Serene sunsets and sunrises, very tranquil nature noises. We eat and sit around and rock in the hammock and enjoy the smog free air!


Sunset from the 2nd floor window of the house.



Lukas and his cousin, Jonathan Sebastian


Efrain and his muchachosThe neighbour girls visiting for lunch. They had lots of questions about Canada, from what was my favourite food to how fast we could drive on the highways.


Efrain and his other muchachos, his FOUR doggies. Three are annoying puppies, one is old and has retired from the city (bogota) to this country retreat. :O) The cottage wheels, I am not convinced this thing even runs!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Cheryl,

It sounds like you are having a great time! Lukas looks beautiful and I totally understand wanting to spend all your time with him and forget all about his crazy computer thing! I am glad though that you did find time to post a new photo - babies change so fast!

Did Mike forward you any of the recent pictures of my boys? If he didn't i will have to tell him to...they are so grown up!

Talk to you later!

Karen