Wednesday, February 27, 2008

One Cup of Coffee


As long as I can remember my Mom has left half filled mugs of cold coffee around the house. This is something we've teased her about for years.. her inability to completely finish a freakin' cup of coffee.I always thought it was just a weird quirk she had until my son came along. Now that I am a parent too I finally understand!!!


It is impossible to complete:

cooking something..

eating a meal..

drinking a cup of coffee..

an email..

a conversation..

a snack..

laundry..


with a kid.


That doesn't explain why 30 some odd years later she still can't manage to sit still long enough to finish a cup.. but it sure explains where the quirk came from!!
PS- One Cup of Coffee also happens to be my favourite Bob Marley song... it is a quirky little number and the title makes me think of my Mom every time! :O)

No comments: