Saturday, April 21, 2007

Finally Here!!

Finally made it to Colombia and back where I belong, with Peter. My flight went off without a hitch, in fact, the plane was less than 25% full, and we were an hour early. Customs was also easy. A nice man let me in line ahead of him, (upping me by about 20 ppl) I guess I looked fat and tired, and the customs officer spoke a bit of English so it was a quick experience. Peter, in his ever enterprising way, had sent a business card with a note on it with a porter, who met me before I even managed to get to the carousel. He whisked all 150 lbs of my luggage off the carousel on a cart and we went outside to the pickup area.

The pickup area is pure chaos! As soon as you come out, there are hundreds of people pressed up against the barrier waiting for loved ones to arrive. Everyone is clamouring for a glimpse of who is coming next, chatting and some holding signs with names on them. Peter was there and I raced to meet him pregnant, exhausted and all!! I've never been so happy to see someone in my whole life!

Peter had borrowed his cousins "new" car to pick me up, a very tiny Chevy with a bad hiccup. Cars here never die. People just keep fixing them up enginewise. They don't have to worry about salt and winter weather here.

After a quick bite to eat we got to our new home! Here are photos for your enjoyment :O)








Our living room. My Mother in law and I managed to buy a DVD player, it comes with karaoke!!


Our kitchen. We have a spiffy new washer and fridge. Do you like how our washer is right next to our stove? I can make you lunch and do your laundry at the same time! Talk about multitasking.








Our bedroom, we have a nice big window that lets in lots of light.

The view from our living room. There are thousands of the yellow taxis you can see in this photo. They are kamikaze drivers, whizzing about, honking and missing each other, cars and pedestrians by mere inches. Not for the faint of heart!

More to come later!

No comments: